TOLEDO, Oregon (From news reports) -- A dozen employees of the Georgia-Pacific containerboard mill in Toledo went to the hospital after being exposed to a chemical vapor late Tuesday night.
The incident is under internal review, a Georgia-Pacific spokesman said.
The employees were evaluated by the mill's emergency response team, which was first on scene. The Toledo Fire Department, which responded to a call from the mill about the exposure, then evaluated the employees. All 12 workers requested to be taken to Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital in Newport. One employee was transported by ambulance, the rest in privately owned vehicles.
"Georgia-Pacific is grateful to the Toledo Fire Department for its prompt response to the incident," the company's statement on the incident read.
All 12 employees were released the morning of March 6 with no injuries, but they did not return to work after release, as their shifts had concluded overnight.
The mill is operating normally and no other employees have reported medical issues as a result of the incident, according to GP.