MIAMI (News release) -- H.I.G. Capital ("H.I.G."), a leading global alternative investment firm with $45 billion of equity capital under management, is pleased to announce that one of its affiliates has completed the acquisition of Jackson Paper Manufacturing and Sustainable Corrugated ("JPM"). Founded in 1995, JPM is a leading vertically integrated manufacturer of 100% recycled corrugated packaging.
Headquartered in Sylva, North Carolina, JPM specializes in the manufacturing of 100% recycled medium, corrugated sheets and digitally printed corrugated packaging. JPM's diverse customer base serves eCommerce, food and beverage, durable and non-durable good end markets throughout the Southeastern United States. The Company operates four state-of-the-art facilities to deliver consistent quality, unrivaled lead-times, and a high-touch service model which supports customized solutions.
H.I.G. is partnering with the current management team to accelerate the Company's significant growth opportunities.
"Over the last five years, we have made substantial strategic investments to evolve into an environmentally-focused, vertically integrated platform. Now, more than ever, our customers are increasingly relying on us to deliver high-quality, customized solutions that support increasing end-user demand," said Carr Tyndall, JPM's President. Tyndall added: "We are excited to work with H.I.G. Capital which will enable us to grow our offerings for our customers."
"We believe JPM represents a compelling opportunity to invest in a differentiated provider of sustainable packaging solutions. The Company's integrated platform and focus on quality, innovation and service have increasingly positioned the Company as a value-added partner to its customers," said John Von Bargen, Managing Director at H.I.G. "We look forward to working with the team to build upon their success and support continued growth initiatives."
About Jackson Paper Manufacturing and Sustainable Corrugated
JPM is a leading vertically integrated manufacturer of 100% recycled medium, corrugated sheets and digitally printed corrugated packaging. The Company serves a diverse customer base throughout the Southeastern United States and across eCommerce, food & beverage, durable and non-durable end markets. Founded in 1995, JPM operates a network of 4 facilities in Sylva, NC, Morganton, NC, and Dalton, GA, and manages a workforce of more than 200 employees.
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global alternative assets investment firm with $45 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Bogotá, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/ value-added approach:
- H.I.G.'s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- H.I.G.'s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- H.I.G.'s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
- H.I.G. Infrastructure focuses on making value-add and core plus investments in the infrastructure sector.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 300 companies worldwide. The firm's current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.