SWEDEN (News release) -- Andritz has received an order from Holmen's Iggesund Paperboard to supply fiberline process technology and equipment to their Iggesund mill, Sweden. Start-up is scheduled for late 2019.
The technology supplied by Andritz will substantially contribute towards reducing emissions further and result in environmentally friendly, high-quality pulp production.
Andritz's scope of supply encompasses:
• Modernization of the brownstock washing process, including a new multi-stage DD-Washer with compact layout.
• A new oxygen delignification stage for optimizing the kappa level to achieve highest possible yield and minimum chemical consumption.
• Relocation of the existing screening process after the oxygen delignification stage in order to minimize fiber losses.
• Bleaching plant modernization by changing the existing 5-stage bleaching system to 4-stage bleaching.
• Cooler for digester blow temperature control.
Iggesund Paperboard produces paperboard for consumer packaging and graphics printing at one mill in Sweden and one in England.